It's that time again, time to release something new. At a first glance, it may not look like much has changed, but due to the fact that most things have actually changed, since the initial release, we decided that the best way to move forward was to release a new car.
THECar is now about 1 and a half years old, and it is time for a serious update. Already during the first year, we updated a lot of parts, including the plastics and the hingepins. All these changes were due to problems with durability. We do not think it is acceptable that THECar breaks in what can be considered normal crashes, so we acted fast, improving the strength of THECar.
The next step, was to improve the handling. During the end of last year, we tested a lot of ideas, and we were able to improve the handling enough, that we felt that we have to release a new car, the Yellow Edition. From now on every new car will be accompanied with a colour. This is because THECar, will always be THECar. But for clarity's sake, for example when ordering spare parts, it is good to have some way of differentiating between different versions.
As for the changes, they have mostly been made in an effort to make THECar both faster, and easier to drive. Over the next couple of weeks we will release information about the changes, and why we did them.
• NEW narrower, symmetrical and more flexible chassis. For more traction, and better when landing jumps, or driving over bumps.
• NEW sideguards to match the new chassis.
• NEW Bodyshell to match the new chassis.
• NEW Improved smoother shocks, with soft bladders and CNC shock caps.
These improve every aspect of the handling. THECar is easier to drive.
• NEW Shock springs, Soft, Medium and Hard.THECar includes Med and Hard as standard.
• NEW 3 shoe clutch shoes, for increased performance. Now it actually works :-)
• NEW larger capacity fueltank with O-ring cap seal for improved sealing.
• Smooth Gearing, (43/13) and (45/13) included as standard.
• Extra set of stiffer swaybars included, 2.4 and 2.5.
• Vehicle: 1:8 Nitro 4WD
• Width: 307mm
• Wheelbase: 324-328mm
• Weight: 3240g
• Internal Gear Ratio: 3.3:1
• Nitro Engine & Pipe
• Radio Gear: Transmitter, Receiver, 2x Servos, Receiver Pack (Stick) & Switch)
• Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
• Glow Starter & Charger
• Starter Box & Battery
• Wheels & Tyres
• Paint for Body
• Tools for Assembly